The PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship
Purpose of Scholarship:
• To assist a new speaker to fast-track their speaking business
Mission of Scholarship:
• To help a new speaker to grow their business
Applicants are asked to submit a proposal to support their application for a PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship. The proposal must include a 500 word essay on how the PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship will help them to grow their business. This is a critical component of your application, and it will be forwarded to the review committee for their assessment.
The applicant is also required to supply a business plan to demonstrate what the applicant believes will be the resulting growth in their business over the next 12 to 24 months.
To determine whether you would qualify as an applicant, please read through the following criteria:
• Length of time speaking between 6 months and 30 months and less than 3 years PSANZ Membership.
• 500 word Essay on how the scholarship will them grow your business. This will be made available to your local president.
Entry Process & Deadline
• Entries are self-nominated. No nominee or seconder is required.
• Candidates may enter multiple award categories where they meet required eligibility criteria.
• Entry Format – Candidates may format their entry in any way they wish so long as it includes the required information set out in each category and is in Electronic Format Only as entries will be accessed by the judges via Google Drive.
NB: The overall quality/professionalism of the electronic entry will be taken into account as part of judging process.
• Every part of a candidate’s entry must be accessible electronically by the judges. Electronic attachments and/or hyperlinks to documents or other media in or on your own website, Dropbox, Google Drive, YouTube etc. should be used. Candidates should ensure all attachments, hyperlinks or other supporting material work effectively as these will not be checked by the PSANZ administrator prior to forwarding the entry to the judges.
• Entries submitted in hard-copy or on CD or DVD shall be deemed invalid and will not be forwarded to judges.
‘Presentation-related income’ is defined as:
• Specific monetary fees paid by a client for the speaker’s services.
• Fees earned as a result of public events/sessions delivered by the speaking professional.
• Revenue earned from sales of the speaking professional’s own or others’ products, including workbooks, handouts and other material or services, as a direct result of the presentation in addition to a monetary fee.
• Revenue earned from sales of the speaker’s own or others’ products or services at the event from payment or orders taken on the day.
Presentation-related income EXCLUSIONS:
• Revenue generated as a result of sales by way of websites, book-stores or any other channel, outlet or media other than a direct presentation are NOT considered ‘presentation related income’ and are specifically excluded.
• Payment or reimbursement of travel expense, accommodation expenses, or any other form of remuneration or compensation other than by the ways outlined in ‘presentation-related income’ above are ineligible in terms of meeting the criteria for revenue earnings/payment of fee(s).
ENTRY DEADLINE: There are two dates that you should be aware of:
1. Date of Notification of Application for an PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship
2. Date of Submission of your Application for an PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship
DATE OF NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION FOR AN PSANZ FAST-TRACK SCHOLARSHIP
Before you submit your application for the PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship 2021 Award, we need you to notify the PSANZ administrator via email, to [email protected]
with the Subject: Application for PSANZ Fast-Track Scholarship and that you are wanting to apply.
This will allow the PSANZ Secretary to set up the necessary Dropbox folders and other documentation necessary for your application, without putting undue pressure on the team.
Please note the following deadlines:
Deadline Date for Notification of Applications: Friday 15th January 2021
Deadline Time: 4:00 pm NZST Send entry via email to: [email protected]
Notifications received after 4:00 pm on the day of the deadline shall be deemed invalid and will not be forwarded to judges.
DATE OF SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR AN PSANZ FAST-TRACK SCHOLARSHIP
Notification of entry/entries must be received in electronic format by the PSANZ in the allocated Google Drive folder for the Award no later than the time specified below on the day of the deadline. Once the submission has been uploaded to Google Drive please notify the PSANZ administrator.
The PSANZ administrator shall acknowledge, via email, receipt of the entry/entries.
Deadline Date for Notification of Applications: Friday 22nd January 2021
Deadline Time: 4:00 pm NZST
Send entry via email to: [email protected]
• Entries received after 4:00 pm on the day of the deadline shall be deemed invalid and will not be forwarded to judges.
• Any pre-submission queries should be directed to the PSANZ administrator via email prior not less than 24 hours prior to the award entry deadline. Queries received less than 24 hours prior to the award entry deadline may not be answered.
• No correspondence with entrants will be entered into after the deadline for entries has passed. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Amount of Scholarship
One Year Membership PSANZ
Professional Speakers Academy & Professional Speakers Academy Advanced(Rebranded to 2021 Speaker Summit)
Half Day Mentoring Sessions with Senior Members:
• Bill James, CSP
• Ann Andrews, CSP
• Robyn Pearce, CSP
• Darren Pratley, CSP
• Ralph Brown, CSP
• Martz Witty, Professional Member
• Allie Mooney, Global Speaking Fellow
• Glen Sharkey, CSP
International Conference - Recommended to be PSANZ, PSA (Australia), APSS (Singapore) or NSA US (up to the value of $750.00)
Business mentoring to set-up your business valued at $500.00